Tuesday, September 4, 2007

All the people, so many people, and they all go hand-in-hand, hand-in-hand through their...textlife!

Text: anything deliberately fashioned by human beings to convey an idea, a message, or even a feeling.
According to the definition of text above, I am faced and interact with text in all ways, everyday.
- I see and hear thousands of advertisements everyday--in magazines, in newspapers, on the internet, on billboards, on TV, at bus stops, on the bus, on the radio, on flyers, etc; and I react to every single one of them. I'll firstly acknowledge the advert, and sometimes it will do its job and I'll actually spend a moment's thought on the product, but most of the time I'll react with annoyance.
- I read, see, and hear bits and pieces of news everyday, which can affect my mood or influence my decision on what to wear, etc.
- I read for pleasure everyday.
- I see works of art everyday.
- I'm instructed by text everyday, whether it be for school, or how to make a meal, or whether to turn right or left.
- I listen to music daily (without doing so I'd be very unhappy).
- I paint, draw, write, etc. often.
Nearly everything I'm confronted with on a daily basis is text, and I interact with and react to it all in some way or another. Without text I would be a useless blob. I wouldn't think or know how to function properly. Without text my mind would be left...blank.

1 comment:

Kirsten Phelan said...

i liked how you said you would be a useless blob without the stimuli text provides you. i could associate it with the feeding of the brain that all these things can do or how they can make the brain like mush if the text is used wrong or the wrong kind of text.